Are you a seasoned runner or stepping out for your first run? No matter the level of a runner, a running analysis is right for you. Performed on athletes, marathoners, triathletes, weekend warriors, and beginner runners, all showed improvement in their ability to run following their analysis. A running analysis entails the use of a functional movement assessment and slow motion video analysis to observe running biomechanics. This assessment allows for observation of asymmetries head to toe, and improper running technique, that may increase the risk of injury or be the cause of injury.
We offer Performance Sessions to keep you on track with your running goals. These sessions build on the comprehensive running assessment with an individualized program that optimizes performance and reduces risk of injury.
“There is compelling evidence that running provides significant health benefits for the prevention of chronic diseases and premature mortality regardless of sex, age, body weight, and health conditions.”
– Running as a key lifestyle medicine for longevity, Lee et al –
benefits of our running analysis program
• Observation of the runner’s form and mechanics that gives insight into risk of injury
• Strength and conditioning program developed for the individual that is tailored to their specific run
• Learn proper running form and alignment that improves running efficiency
• Improve your performance by increasing speed and distance in a safe manner
• Program established that is geared towards injury prevention
• Coaching tips from our Physical Therapist who is a certified Running Coach
• Running shoe recommendations
our running community
Are you interested in joining our running community? We have a few options to get involved!
1. JOIN OUR VIRTUAL PILATES FOR RUNNERS CLASS
A low impact strength training class developed to improve your running efficiency.
2. JOIN OUR PHYSIOELEMENTS / LULULEMON MANHASSET RUN CLUB
3. SCHEDULE A COMPLIMENTARY 15 MIN CONSULTATION
Connect with our running specialist and learn more about our running program!
RUN FASTER. RUN STRONGER. RUN LONGER
Very relaxing session. She had a soft and a sweet voice.
Kat is very thoughtful.
Dr. Kat is amazing at everything! I felt very relaxed after the session.
It was perfect! Thanks for doing this …keeping us all connected and feeling good!
Kat is terrific in both meditation and pilates. Highly recommend!
The class exceeded my expectations in every way and I truly felt the benefits of this practice. It is providing me with a life changing tool for processing emotion, and managing stress. I feel these classes are allowing me to open the door to new way of looking at life that have been truly transformative. Thank you.